How Long to Cook a Turkey Calculator
The cook time for turkey can vary a great deal depending on how big of a bird you've purchased and what oven temperature you plan to use. The simplest way to figure out how long it will take to cook your turkey is to use this turkey cook time calculator: Just select the weight of your bird and it will show you your approximate cooking time at 325 degrees.
If you're considering using a different oven temperature, here's a rough guide to how long your turkey should take to cook:
- 250 degrees: 30 minutes per pound
- 275 degrees: 20 to 25 minutes per pound
- 300 degrees: 15 to 18 minutes per pound
- 325 degrees: 15 minutes per pound
- 350 degrees: 13 minutes per pound
- 375 degrees: 12 minutes per pound
- 400 degrees: 10 to 12 minutes per pound
Knowing these general time frames makes it easy to figure out how long your whole roasted turkey needs to cook in the oven. Simply choose which temperature works for you and use the equation:
(time per pound) x (weight of turkey) = (cook time)
If you're not sure if your turkey is completely cooked through, stick a meat thermometer into the thickest part of your turkey. If the readout is at least 165 degrees, then your turkey is ready to serve!