How Long to Cook Baked Potatoes at 400 Degrees
Baking potatoes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, it’s important to understand that the cooking time can vary depending on their size, the type of potato, and whether or not you cut them up before baking.
- How long to cook baked potatoes at 400 degrees: 35-40 minutes for 6-to-8-ounce potatoes
- How long to bake large potatoes (8 to 10 ounces) at 400 degrees: 40-50 minutes
- How long to bake baby potatoes at 400 degrees: 1 hour
- How long to bake quartered potatoes in a 400-degree oven: 30 minutes, flipping them over halfway through
- How long to bake whole red potatoes at 400 degrees: 35 to 40 minutes
Russet potatoes make the best baked potatoes and cooking at a slightly higher temperature, 425 degrees, ensures that the potatoes cook properly. For example, 6 large russet potatoes should be baked at 425 degrees for 50 minutes.