How Long to Boil Lentils
Determining how long to boil lentils for depends on the type of lentils you're cooking, but in general, lentils can take anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes to fully boil. There's a wide variety of lentil types, and each kind has its specific own boiling time. No matter which type of lentils you're boiling, though, you can tell they're done once they're tender.
How Long to Boil Lentils by Type
- Brown Lentils: 35 to 45 minutes
- Green Lentils: 35 to 45 minutes
- Red and Yellow Lentils: 15 to 30 minutes
- Black Beluga Lentils: 25 to 30 minutes
- Puy Lentils: 20 to 30 minutes