How Long to Cook Burgers on the Grill
How long to cook a burger ranges from 4 to 9 minutes, depending on how done you like your burgers.
- How Long to Cook a Rare Burger: 4 minutes
- How Long to Cook a Medium-Rare Burger: 5 minutes
- How Long to Cook a Medium Burger: 6-7 minutes
- How Long to Cook a Medium-Well Burger: 7-8 minutes
- How Long to Cook a Well-Done Burger: 8-9 minutes
Most of the time, your hamburger recipe will judge doneness based on the amount of pink inside. However, you can also use a meat thermometer.
- Rare: 125 degrees F
- Medium-Rare: 135 degrees F
- Medium: 145 degrees F
- Medium-Well: 150 degrees F
- Well-Done: 160 degrees F