How Long to Cook Meatloaf
How long to cook a meatloaf varies depending on the temperature of your oven and the size of your loaf, ranging from a half-hour to two hours.
At 350 degrees Fahrenheit:
- A 1-pound meatloaf should cook for 35 to 45 minutes.
- A 2-pound meatloaf will need to cook for 1 hour to an hour and 20 minutes.
- A 3-pound meatloaf needs about an hour and a half to 2 hours.
If you choose to cook your meatloaf at 375 degrees:
- A 1-pound meatloaf will need 25 to 30 minutes to cook.
- A 2-pound meatloaf will take 40 to 50 minutes to fully cook.
- A 3-pound meatloaf needs an hour to an hour and 15 minutes in the oven.
You can check whether the meatloaf is ready to come out of the oven by using a meat thermometer. Stick it into the middle of the loaf, taking care to stop when the probe reaches the center of the meat. When the temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit, then it's fully cooked and ready to serve. This rule goes for any meatloaf recipe you're using and any size loaf.