What Is the Cook Time and Temperature for Chicken Breast?
There's no one best cook time or temperature for baking chicken breasts in the oven. Here's a breakdown of how long to cook chicken breast based on your oven temperature:
- 350 degrees: 25 to 30 minutes
- 375 degrees: 20 to 25 minutes
- 400 degrees: 16 to 20 minutes
- 425 degrees: 15 to 18 minutes
- 450 degrees: 12 to 15 minutes
No matter what cook time and temperature for chicken breast you use, it's easy to get great-tasting baked chicken breast in a relatively short amount of time. To make sure that your chicken is fully cooked, it's a good idea to check it with a meat thermometer to make sure that it has reached 165 degrees, the safe temperature for chicken.