How Long to Cook Bone-In Chicken Thighs
The cook time for bone-in chicken thighs depends on how you plan to cook them. Here's how long to cook chicken thighs with the bone-in in a variety of different ways.
- On the stovetop, cook bone-in chicken thighs for 8 to 10 minutes on each side.
- On the grill, cook your chicken thighs for 10 minutes on each side.
- In an air fryer, you'll cook chicken thighs with bones for 8 to 12 minutes on each side.
- In an Instant Pot, you can cook fresh chicken on high for 10 minutes and frozen chicken on high for 15 minutes.
- In a slow cooker, if you set it to low. expect it to take 5 to 6 hours; on high, it will take 2 to 3 hours to fully cook through.
If you plan to cook bone-in chicken thighs in an oven, the time will vary depending on the temperature you cook your chicken at. Here's how long to cook chicken thighs with the bone in the oven:
- 45-55 minutes at 350 degrees
- 40-45 minutes at 375 degrees
- 35-40 minutes at 400 degrees
- 30-35 minutes at 425 degrees
- 25-30 minutes at 450 degrees