How Long to Cook Bone-In Chicken Breast
How long to cook chicken breast with the bone in depends on the temperature you set your oven to as well as the size of your chicken breast. Here are some cook times based on an average-sized bone-in chicken breast:
- 350 degrees: 50 to 65 minutes
- 375 degrees: 45 to 60 minutes
- 400 degrees: 35 to 45 minutes
- 425 degrees: 25 to 35 minutes
- 450 degrees: 20 to 30 minutes
It takes longer to cook bone-in chicken breasts than boneless chicken breasts, but they're harder to overcook, so you're more likely to end up with a juicy and delicious finished product.